Wednesday, February 10, 2016

Kumquat

I’m having some citrus envy. When we bought our house I was charmed by the prospect of owning my very own orange tree. Three years later, the oranges fall and rot. Juicing them is a messy, sticky business and there is no way we could eat all the fruit. My neighbor has a lemon tree and the laden branches mock me every time I return from the grocery store with another sackful of purchased lemons. If I had a lemon tree (well, I have a tiny tree, but it doesn’t produce yet), would I wish I had an orange tree instead?


Blazer, BSB (thrifted). Tank, Old Navy. Pants, Polo Ralph Lauren. Boots, Lauren Ralph Lauren. Sunglasses, Giselle. Earrings, Charming Charlie. Necklace, Zad. Bag, Canvas boutique.


My citrus envy reached new heights when I parked in front of a loaded kumquat tree today. I snagged only photos but really wanted to fill my purse with the tart fruit.

5 comments:

Gunda said...

Well, but other people will envy you for other things. For example, I envy you for your gorgeous shoes and the fine weather. :)
Regards from Northern Germany,
Gunda

SHOEGAL said...

Why don't you ask your neighbour to trade you some of her lemons for some of your oranges?

Lorena said...

Tell me about it !
I have an avocado tree that is quite big and produces zero avocados and my neighbor's tree a few meters away is loaded.
Like Shoegal says, I'd try trading oranges for lemons too.

Unknown said...

Ah, life is indeed bittersweet, like a kumquat... ;)

C said...

you need to start a big fruit trading thing among the neighbors...