Saturday, July 18, 2015

Bringing Wind

Holy wind, Batman! I managed to find the windiest place at the Sacramento airport to take photos. I got to Vegas and it was even windier. I was glad I broke with tradition and wore pants so that I wasn’t one of the women with death grips on their skirt hems as they walked down the strip. My hair, though, was kind of a disaster.


Vest, Tilt (cut from a consignment jacket). Shirt, Wellworn. Pants, Polo Ralph Lauren. Shoes, Kelly and Katie. Sunglasses, Marc by Marc Jacobs. Bag Anne Klein (thrifted).


I’m not a gambler. I’m a shopper. So, I battled the wind (and rain) and made the long walk to the Forum Shops. I was starving and stopped at the first decent-looking restaurant, Spago. My food was amazing. The cocktails were creative. The staff was attentive. The highlight, though was observing the two women next to me at the bar engage in a “buy them a drink war” with a table of men. At one point, the gentlemen set over a bottle of Dom Perignon and the ladies graciously shared some with me.


When I left the restaurant, the women had moved to the men’s table and seemed to be enjoying themselves. I got my shop on and hoped that I had brought luck, as well as wind, to Vegas. Someone probably got lucky at that table. I certainly did in the shops!

4 comments:

Sheila said...

The hair may be windy, but the colour is fab! Is this the new pink you've been teasing??

Kasmira said...

It is! It needs a tad more blue, but we will see how it fades.

Patricia Smith said...

Love the hair. You do that color so well

Michelle said...

I love your hair. Very spunky!