Wednesday, November 12, 2014

Giant Wool Tweed Shorts

I found these giant wool tweed shorts at the thrift store and couldn’t decide if they were fabulous or hideous. For $2.33, I’ll take a risk and experiment.


Jacket, INC (consignment). Shirt, The Limited. Shorts, Dana Pierce (thrifted). Tights, We Love Colors. Boots, Sofft (consignment). Earrings, street fair vendor. Belt, thrifted. Bag, Clark’s.

I think the shorts would be better with a more fitted topper. I’ll keep trying. And eventually they’ll go back to the thrift store.


My 365 shot isn’t my best effort, but I spent the day with my boss, so there weren’t many daylight hours for experimental photography:

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I like the idea of this, but these look a bit baggy on you. Not your usual fitted sort of garment. But the color is great with that top!

~J

Mel said...

The shorts are a different silhouette, but you do sometimes wear a full skirt shape. I wonder if making them a little bit shorter might be an option to explore as well.

Unknown said...

I actually like the material, but maybe a more fitted style would suit you more? Maybe making a skirt out of one leg, hahaha!!!! ;) but full props to u for trying them out!

Lola said...

Well, I think they are cool. I'd like them better still with a darker shoe, probably pumps, or loafer pumps. Love the colors, super cool with the little jacket. Edgy and tongue-in-cheek at the same time.

jessica said...

Haha, personally I think those are quite hideous, but I do love that hideous/fabulous line and love that you're exploring it with these shorts!

C Lo said...

I love you. But they are kind of awful. ;)