Thursday, May 31, 2012

Glencoe Hole

My favorite place to take pictures might be the Glencoe Hole, an abandoned housing project. (I have an abiding love of abandoned places.) It isn’t the safest location, so it takes some convincing to get Beefy to photograph me there. Yesterday, he surprised me by suggesting the Glencoe Hole to me. I readily agreed!


Shirt, Liz Sport (thrifted). Dress, Richard Chai for Target. Shoes, Two Lips. Necklace, Zad. Bracelets, vintage, swap, and Claire’s. Earrings, Pangaea. Sunglasses, Xhilaration. Bag, Caprice (thrifted and vintage).

I’m standing in front of the Glencoe Hotel, today.




A few other pictures from The Hole:



If you like this location, leave a comment! Beefy likes nothing better than to please my blog readers, so you’ll help me convince him to return to The Hole again, soon.

Photos by Beefy Muchacho with the Nikon DX AF-S Nikkor 35 mm 1:1.8G lens

13 comments:

Sandy said...

I love the location, although I want you guys to be safe. But the textures and the colors are lovely; so urban yet earthy. Sandy

Julie Holmes said...

I do like it. The architecture is lovely and there is something so haunting and poignant about all of that just sitting there being overgrown by the ivy and weeds. Just be careful!

CoffeeInspired said...

Fantastic outfits showcased in such a moody/surreal setting. As long as your safe I zay please keep shooting there. Sad though that those homes have no people in them...someday they will find their people

Liz said...

Great Location! Besides with a man like Beefy there no bad guy would dare interrupt a photo session!

Lorena said...

I like this place... i can imagine you are more comfortable when no one's around for taking pictures, at least i know i would be.

Mohammed and Aimee said...

Love the location! So lovely.

Jules said...

That's an excellent location! Of course, I am also a big fan of abandoned places, they always have such character.

em²ile² said...

I love this location as a backdrop to your photos. Especially in the last shot with the Sigerson Morrison booties – those overgrown brick walls are awesome.

Winterfell Mixed Media said...

It's derelict-ness really makes it so beautiful. I hope you always have happy and safe photo shoots there :)

annabananna said...

I'm definitely a fan of this location! The mix of man-made and natural, of urban being taken over by greenery - it's a great backdrop to your outfits.

The Small Fabric Of My Life said...

Love the location. There is an abandoned warehouse where Itake the dog most mornings. I have yet to take my trusty tripod to have a go taking my blog pics.

sarabear said...

Each of these different pictures looks like a different location. Completely unique in thier own right! As long as you all feel safe, enjoy!

Diana said...

Really loving this outfit! I'm a sucker for anything with a leopard print. And I really like that blue dress in the third photo...what a great color with your hair.

The location is cool, but please be safe...I prefer seeing your awesome style over the scenery. :)