Thursday, May 03, 2012

Best with a Button-front

This skirt is best paired with a button-front shirt or something else structured (like a vest or a jacket). The pairing is the sartorial equivalent of the straight man and the funny man. Good cop, bad cop. Yin and yang. You get it.


Shirt, Old Navy. Skirt, Leslie Faye (thrifted). Belt, Banana Republic. Shoes, Lela Rose for Payless. Bag, Vieta. Bracelets, Target and Claire’s. Necklace, vintage.




Photos by Beefy Muchacho with the Nikon DX AF-S Nikkor 35 mm 1:1.8G lens.

See what I mean, jellybean?

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

The photo with the black blazer really makes the colours of this skirt "pop" - would you ever consider wearing with a plain long sleeve top?

Purple_Sheep x

Kasmira said...

Purple Sheep- I'm not sure I own a plain longsleeved tee, except those I sleep in.

Sheila said...

I notice that you often do black and white as your neutral top - nice. I think this would be too visually overwhelming with one of the bright colours in the skirt (although the yellow accent in the shoes today is fab!).

Megan G said...

Love the yellow shoes and belt with this bright patterned skirt. I'm always super impressed with your remix looks.

The Tote Trove said...

Another fab bag incarnation! I enjoyed your write-up too, especially the bit about the outfit being the sartorial equivalent of a the straight man-funny man combo. The thumbnail of you with the banana phone is funny :)