Monday, October 10, 2011

Seven Dresses

I did not pack a capsule wardrobe of 10 items for my trip to Disney World. I had ample room in my suitcase to pack almost every one of my summery dresses, so I did. I wanted to wear them one last time.

I brought seven dresses for eight days. I was rather frivolous with the dress assortment, but everything else was utilitarian: a button-down shirt, a hoodie, two hats, two bags, and three pairs of comfy footwear. I always bring at least two pair of comfortable shoes on a trip. This time, it was a pair of sneakers and flat sandals. I love to fly in my cowboy boots, so they made the trip, too. The boots came in handy when it poured rain for an entire day.

Day One – Flight and Magic Kingdom


Hoodie, Disney. Dress, Eddie Bauer (thrifted). Belt, thrifted. Jeggings, Mossimo. Hat, Charlotte Russe. Brooch (on hat), thrifted. Bag, Nine West. Earrings, Monica D. Cuff, Epcot Canada. Sunglasses, Xhilaration.

Yes, people stared at my cowboy boots at the Magic Kingdom. They weren’t common. (I saw only one other person wearing western boots during our entire stay.) I love ‘em, though.



The chocolate-covered banana was one serving. The giant lolly: 19!


Day Two – Epcot


Hoodie, Disney. Dress, Jams World (thrifted). Hip bag, Happy Cow. Sneakers, Champion (thrifted). Hat, Target. Earrings, Monica D. Cuff, Epcot Canada. Sunglasses, Xhilaration.




Epcot is my favorite park. Predictably, I love the world showcase, but I also like the cheesier elements: Journey Into Imagination, Club Cool, Captain EO (I saw the original in Disney Land!), and, of course, Spaceship Earth aka The Giant Golf Ball. Beefy loves it too and took about a million pictures of it with our fisheye lens.


Day Three – Hollywood Studios


Dress, No Boundaries. Belt, thrifted. Hat, Charlote Russe. Brooch (on hat), thrifted. Earrings, Monica D. Sandals, Life Strides (thrifted). Bag, Nine West. Bracelet, Epcot Morocco.

Both pairs of my walking shoes were thrifted. I wore the little champion sneakers (pictured on Day Two) when I visited Disney World two years ago and they are still holding up. The flat sandals I wore on day three were comfortable and non-skid. They also happened to match the bracelet I bought at Epcot Morocco.


Day Four – Blogoversary


Dress, Frederick’s of Hollywood. Hat, Charlotte Russe. Brooch, thrifted. Sneakers, Champion (thrifted). Earrings, Monica D. Sunglasses, Xhilaration. Bracelet, Epcot Morocco.

When I wasn’t wearing my Blogoversary outfit, I was wearing this little sundress (and my new bracelet!)


Day Five – Animal Kingdom


Dress, Mossimo. Shirt, One Star (thrifted). Hip bag, Happy Cow. Hat, Target. Earrings Monica D. Cuff, Epcot Canada. Sandals (not pictured), Life Strides (thrifted).


I felt safari-worthy in this ensemble. My friend, the giraffe, agreed.



Day Six – We Built an Ark

It rained and rained and rained. Due to the wind and cold, I pretty much wore the same thing as Day One - with the addition of a super stylish poncho. We were too cranky to take pictures.

Day Seven – Epcot (again)


Poncho and hoodie, Disney. Dress, Roundy Bay (thrifted). Belt, thrifted. Sneakers, Champion. Hat, Target. Sunglasses, Xhilaration. Cuff, Epcot Canada.

The day started as miserably as Day Six ended, but improved from there. Beefy and I had saved all of our Disney Dining Plan snacks to “graze around the world” at the Epcot International Food & Wine Festival. Thankfully, the rain tapered off so that we did not have to eat soggy snacks.


Day Eight – Magic Kingdom and Flight


Navy dress, Forever 21 (thrifted and overdyed). Splotchy dres, Mossimo. Belt, thrifted. Boots, Dan Post. Bag, Nine West. Hat, Target. Earrings, Monica D. Cuff, Epcot Canada.

By day eight, we were worn out, but I insisted we revisit the Magic Kingdom for my very favorite attraction: Tom Sawyer Island. Beefy sat in a rocking chair while I explored the cave, mine, bridges, fort, and secret passage.


I was pretty happy with the clothing I brought. If I had realized it was going to pour, not just sprinkle, I would have brought a rain jacket and an umbrella. The poncho worked in a pinch. It remains in my suitcase for the next time we visit.


Photos by Beefy Muchacho, but I claim the picture of the giraffe!

12 comments:

The Tote Trove said...

All of your outfits are so cute, but the Jams World dress tops my list. And Epcot is my favorite Disney park too. It looks like you and Beefy had a wonderful time!

Anonymous said...

Cute outfits and gorgeous photos! Looks like a wonderful trip.
-Alison

Julie said...

Sounds like you guys had fun! I went to Disney last spring and had a blast. I'm such a fan of Disney World.

Rose said...

LOVE your Day 2 dress! It's so cute!

When you wear your cowboy boots, do you wear short socks inside of them? And are they comfortable for a day of walking? I can't imagine that for myself! Just curious!

Looks like you and Beefy had a great time!

Kasmira said...

Rose - I always wear thin black socks with my cowboy boots. If I don't wear socks, I my feet stick so badly that I can hardly pull the boots off!

Mervat said...

Kasmira, thank you! You have provided a terrific overview of your trip. I just hope the weather is decent enough for summer dresses in a month from now!

Were the 'hip' and Nine West bags the only two bags you took on your trip?

Thanks again,
Mervat.

Kelly @ Fashion or Fiction said...

The first outfit is my favorite. I haven't yet mastered the dress over pants look, but I love it on you.

Rachael said...

Love that you stayed stylish while traipsing around the parks, I find I always go for comfort but then don't really like what I end up wearing.

Wishing I was going to Disney soon!

Kasmira said...

Mervat - those were the only two "purses" I brought. I also had a suitcase, messenger bag, and backpack for the travel days.

EvaNadine said...

hubby + i are headed to Disney within the next few weeks -- other than the rain, how was the temperature? i see bare legs, so im hoping it is still nice and warm?

we got a partial meal plan...i had no idea you could save your snacks and use them all at once -- we may have to do the same thing at Epcot!
(feel free to share any other brilliant hints!)

Kasmira said...

EvaNadine - temps were in the 70's to 80's while I was there. Last year, I was in Orlando at the end of Oct and it was so so hot! Still in the mid-80's at 11 p.m.! I hope you get mild temps and sunny skies.

Have fun!

EvaNadine said...

we went for our honeymoon last year (last week of october) and it was SO HOT! we must have been there around the same time. i bought a strapless dress and literally wore it every day.