Monday, October 31, 2011

No Halloween Humbug

On Halloween, you either have to wear a costume or orange and black. I considered wearing my Supergirl costume to work, but couldn’t face the day in a leotard and butt-skimming skirt. Even if I managed to convince my coworkers that it was appropriate, I’d have to deal with way too much flak on the bus and walking around campus after work. So, I wore a much tamer outfit (in orange and black, of course).


Vest, Daisy Fuentes (swap). Sweater, The Limited. Skirt, Chaus Sport (thrifted and overdyed). Tights, Danskin. Wedges, Steven by Steve Madden. Necklace, Macy’s. Bracelets, Hot Topic, Mixit, and Epcot Morocco. Bag, Vieta.


5 comments:

The Tote Trove said...

Cute! I wore black and orange to work too, and people were like, oh, you're in costume. And I thought, oh no, this is far quieter than my costume would have been! I also like how you incorporated leopard; I've always loved leopard and orange :)

Jude said...

I LOVE that skirt! I just have to have one and I'd wear it with granny boots with striped stockings and I'd love it and hug it and name it George... (Bugs Bunny reference there.)

maryeb said...

I agree. This outfit is really cute. I'd even wear it on non-Halloween days.

Lorena said...

I like it.
I too wore black and orange and just added a little turquoise to avoid the "looks" from people.

The Goodwill Fangirl said...

Awesome necklace!

Lynne
Practical Paralegalism