Tuesday, October 11, 2011

Catching Up

I returned from Orlando to discover that Fall had fallen.


Blouse, borrowed. Skirt, USMC service uniform (embellished with lace trim). Bag Vieta. Shoes, BCBGeneration. Earrings, Epcot Mexico. Tassel, Epcot Morocco. Arrowhead pendants, thrifted. Sunglasses, Xhilaration.

I also came home to many, many unread posts in my Google Reader. Among the news I missed: today was Everybody Everywear Do It Yourself day. I was happy to realize that I had serendipitously worn something I “did myself.” This olive skirt was once a part of my USMC service uniform. I added some lace trim at the waist and hem and pressed it into civilian service.



Happy fall and happy EBEW DIY day!

DIY | Everybody, Everywear



Photos by Beefy Muchacho

11 comments:

Catherine, Not Dressed As Lamb said...

The red accents and shoes are just beautiful... love the lace trim on the skirt, what a great idea, I might be pinching that one!

Catherine x
www.notdressedaslamb.com

I Art Fashion said...

Yes, those shoes are stunning
You look great

http://iartfashion.blogspot.com/

Cel said...

I really dig the skirt and how you made it work for your everyday wardrobe, and it looks great with that blouse.

In Kinsey's Closet said...

I love the tassle! I wonder if Epcot Morocco has an online store... kidding! Looks great!

Collette Osuna said...

Gorgeous outfit!!! Love the shoes!!
Hope you have been well:)


Statements In Fashion: A Funky Little Fashion Blog

Rose said...

Love this whole look!

I didn't realize you were in the military. Was it difficult for you to dress the same as everyone else during your service? I can't imagine you in a uniform looking so similar to your comrades!

Megan G said...

That blouse is INCREDIBLE! I love that you re-purposed your military skirt for civilian life. That's both thrifty and awesome.

Lonestarcasie said...

I wish Fall would fall on California. :)

www.stylinggame.blogspot.com

Sheila said...

Gorgeous mixing of red and olive! I love seeing that skirt every time you wear it.

freeda said...

I am in love with this outfit!

Meagan said...

Hard to believe that skirt was ever part of a uniform! It looks fantastic with the lace detailing. Really, really chic.
-Meagan
www.spunkychateau.com