Saturday, September 10, 2011

Repeat Wearings

I brought five pairs of shoes to Boston (including the pair I wore on the plane), but I made my clothes do double duty. For the flight home on Saturday morning, I wore the same dress I flew out in on Wednesday evening.


Checked tunic and belt, Wet Seal. Flowered dress, swapped and shortened. Bag, H&M. Shoes, Lela Rose for Payless. Necklace, The Bead Factory. Watch, Vivani (gift). Bangles, thrifted, Deb, and the Garden of the Gods gift shop.

To create a variety of outfits out of one suitcase, you might think it makes better sense to take fewer shoes and more clothing. However, I find that my feet are happiest if I can at least switch between two pairs of shoes each day. (That doesn’t really explain 5 pairs of shoes in 4 days, but one pair was for the plane and the other for the gym.) I like to have a selection of footwear and use creative layering to get more mileage out of my limited number of garments.



Photos by Beefy Muchacho

My capsule wardrobe for the past four days:


Not pictured: my giant purple wrap, the ballet flats I wore on the flights, and the leggings I slipped on under my dress on Wednesday evening.
And those lime pumps never left the office.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

wouldn't the gym shoes make the total count = six pairs of shoes?

Kasmira said...

I didn't count the lime pumps that stayed in my Cincinnati office when I left for the airport.

Hunter said...

I haven't blogged in so long! But I'm back and following you! You can really mix and match it girl!

Cel said...

I love the colourful explosion of that skirt layered under the dress, and that's such a cool purse!

Unknown said...

Here, I'll make you feel better. I'm a flight attendant and one day as I was packing for a trip, I was on the phone with my boyfriend. I said, "How many shoes do you think I'm packing for this trip?" He asked, "How long are you going to be gone?" I told him, "I'll fly one leg to Amsterdam, have a 24 hour layover, then fly home." He guessed two pairs. The answer? Six. SIX PAIRS OF SHOES. It seemed so ridiculous to me, but I'll break it down for you: It was winter & I take public transit to the airport, so I had my snow boots, my concourse shoes (the cute heels I wear through the airport), my inflight shoes (the good-support comfy granny shoes I wear during the service), black flats to wear while walking around in Amsterdam, my running shoes to wear while running around in Amsterdam and my emergency flip-flops which never leave my suitcase. And you know what? I wore each & every pair of those shoes.

Healthy and Homemade said...

LOVE the bright floral dress under the checkered one!!!