Friday, September 02, 2011

Boomerang

I keep trying to get rid of this skirt, but it returns again and again. I attempted to give it away, twice, on the blog. The first time, I just never followed through. The second time, I selected a winner at random, but she didn't contact me to claim it. Then, I successfully ditched the skirt at a clothing swap. To my surprise, it went home with Londyn.

Over a year later, I started to miss the skirt. It kept appearing in my dream outfits. I asked Londyn if I could borrow it and she told me I could just have it.

I think the skirt and I are simply meant to be together.


Shirt, Merona (thrifted). Skirt, vintage, thrifted, shortened, and embellished. Shoes, thrifted. Bag, Colini handbags (thrifted). Necklace, thrifted. Earrings, thrifted.

I’ve stopped fighting fate.




Photos by Beefy Muchacho

P.S. I’m 100% thrifted, today! (Well, the sunglasses were free, not purchased second-hand, but that certainly was thrifty!)

5 comments:

Patti @ NotDeadYet Style said...

Don't fight the skirt Kasmira! Plus: you look fantastic.

Megan G said...

Sometimes it's just kismet. Love the skirt. It's fab and I love the trim! Work it.

Rose said...

I love the skirt, especially the embellished edge. Very cute!

Lorena said...

I'ts funny how some things are just "meant to be"

Lonestarcasie said...

You know, there is just something about ball fringe. It has a cuteness that cannot be denied. Plus it reminds of sombreros which remind me of margaritas and then I get in this endless Mexican food and cocktails whirlwind of bliss.

www.stylinggame.blogspot.com