Wednesday, August 17, 2011

Business Creative

The dress code at my workplace is “business casual,” but I’d describe my own office wear as “business creative.” I try to keep things work appropriate, but I’ve got to add my flair!

Today, I’m wearing a blazer, dress, and heels. But the blazer is made of lace, the dress has a busy print, and the heels are peep-toe booties.


Lace jacket, vintage. Dress, Lipstick. Shoes, Fioni. Bag, Nicole Lee. Earrings and ring, vintage. Necklace, Urban Outfitters.



Photos by Beefy Muchacho

9 comments:

LyddieGal said...

Business creative sounds about right to me - I love your lace blazer, especially the scalloped hem (clearly I have a weakness for those!)

Cel said...

That's such a fun outfit. I like pushing the boundaries of what I can wear to the office with colours and textures, it's so much fun.

Mykki said...

I adore the lace jacket!!

Sarah said...

this isn't one of my favorites of your dresses...but the cut is very flattering! and I love the booties! fashion should definitely be fun. :)

mispapelicos said...

I love your outfit and adore that blue bag, ahhhhhhhhhhhh (sigh).
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

K8irosa said...

I've missed that dress; glad you've pulled it out of the back of the closet! Looking fab as usual, Kasmira!

The Tote Trove said...

I know just what you mean about the whole "business creative" thing. I too wear dresses and heels to work, which sounds like your everyday office attire - until you catch sight of the patterns and colors! You make a good point when you say that you try to keep your outfits office appropriate. I've always felt that as long as I'm not wearing something too low-cut, tight, or short, then it's probably okay. Color may be daring, but it's not the same as flashing cleavage.

Anonymous said...

This dress is classic...love it every time you wear it! n :D

~northwesterly

Londyn said...

I was just thinking about this dress the other day and how fabulous it is. Low and behold - here it is!