Sunday, February 20, 2011

February Swaps

Once a month, I’ll clean out a portion of my closet and add the “discards” to my swap set. For February, I tackled my belt and scarf collection. I was absolutely pooped when finished, but I grew my swap set by 20 items and now have a slimmed down selection of just my favorites in the closet.


I didn’t swap away any of the belts and scarves yet, but I did send off a couple of other items from my set this month.

I exchanged a velveteen purse for a faux fur vest:


And I sent that too small Limited blazer to Australia in return for a necklace:


Actually, the Australian swap was for a lovely, sheer, kimono-style blouse, but it was way too small. My partner thoughtfully included the necklace as an extra. The nice thing about jewelry is it (almost) always fits! I’ll just add the blouse to my swap set and call it even.

Interested in swapping? Read more about it here and let me know if you have any trouble with the “approval” process. The moderator gets quite a few requests a day.

4 comments:

Kristen said...

Thank you so much for sharing this Flickr group! I just signed up. I recently organized my first clothing swap with some friends, and we all had a great time. I found some amazing pieces, and really cleaned out my closet. Can't wait to do my first online swap!

Isa said...

Swapstyle and Rehash are also good swap sites in case you're interested...

Sassy Simone said...

That's really smart....hmmmm never considered an onlin clohes swap

Unknown said...

thanks for the tip ;)
However, dibs on the Hawaiian dress.
Tee,Hee!
xXx
Reva