Friday, December 10, 2010

Ollie Ollie Oxen Free

Upon seeing Sarah’s olive pencil skirt, I immediately added a similar item to my wishlist. Two days later, I found one at the Benton Harbor Goodwill. It isn’t the wool blend I’d hoped for (instead it’s 70% silk and 30% linen), but I’m making it work for winter by adding thick tights.


Blazer, Forever 21. Sweater, Charlotte Russe. Skirt, Travis Ayers (thrifted). Tights, We Love Colors. Shoes, Isaac Mizrahi for Target. Faux pearls, thrifted. Charm necklace, Kenneth Cole Reaction. Bag, Vieta.

I should admit that this is my second olive skirt. My first one is part of my USMC service uniform (demilitarized with a bit of black lace). I'm a little dissatisfied with the length and shape of the uniform skirt. It easily looks dowdy. My "new" skirt is a bit shorter and tapered. (It also has elastic at the waist. Phew!)

13 comments:

Oxana Bolgova (B.Oxy) said...

Your skirt is very nice. And your appearance is harmonious.

WobiSobi said...

Love, love, love, the color . Awesome outfit!

SAHSHA said...

Great outfit.. the necklaces really set it off..

maryeb said...

Lovely outfit. That skirt is a great find.

Sheila said...

Ha, the olive skirt inspiration circle goes around again! I got mine because of your ex-military one. This one is a great colour - a lot more yellow in it.

Anonymous said...

That skirt is ideal! Well, except for the fiber content ... but glad you've found a way to winterize it.

Melissa said...

Love it! And I have to add I do love the USMC skirt as well and don't think that it has ever looked "dowdy"!

Laurel said...

Every day I love your outfit more and more!

Unknown said...

I love this outfit! It's fairly "tame" but, the little details really punch it up i.e. layers of pearls...

Anonymous said...

Everything about this I love.

Passion4Fashion said...

I love the black with the olive. The shape of that jacket and the lines of the skirt and the shirt and the skirt are perfection on you. I love how you added the big dangle of necklaces! Great addition.

http://excitedfordesign.blogspot.com

ReaderRita said...

That is a fabulous outfit, and I'm glad you found that skirt! Isn't it great when the universe is looking out for you that way?
I must beg to differ about one thing, though. You may think that your demilitarized USMC skirt leans toward dowdy, but honestly, I can't imagine that skirt EVER being dowdy. Certainly that's due to your incredible (and way cool) fashion acumen; and I don't have to deal with styling it, as you do- but in all the times I've seen you in it, it has NEVER ONCE looked dowdy. I think it is undeniably a classic, has great lines (albeit with a retro vibe), and it looks absolutely great on you. Never sweat the dowdy thing, please!

Anonymous said...

Beautiful skirt and outfit! I'm a bit behind in the blog world due to a death in the family, but thanks for the mention. You are an inspiration!