Wednesday, May 26, 2010

You're My Inspiration

I’m often asked where I get my inspiration. Two of my biggest sources of ideas are other outfit bloggers and magazines. I hope it doesn’t sound too pompous to share that I also find inspiration from my own, past outfits. Today’s outfit was inspired by one I wore last July. I’m wearing the same vest and same belt over a different jersey dress.

Vest, Julie’s Closet, Belt, thrift. Dress, London Times (handed down and shortened). Necklace, vintage. Pumps, Two Lips.



Sometimes, when I’m stuck for outfit ideas, I’ll look at what I was wearing a year (or two or three) ago. It isn’t always inspiring, but usually entertaining. Here’s what I was wearing on this date in 2009, 2008, and 2007.


I also find it interesting to reflect on my incredible closet rotation. I no longer have the vest or shoes in the second picture or the skirt or shirt in the third picture. And when that third picture was taken (2007), I didn't own anything that I'm wearing today.

9 comments:

Raquelita said...

I am still having fits of envy over your amazing hair color!

Sheila said...

That's a very funky outfit!

I like looking back at my archives as well - it's one of the reasons I started blogging. I love seeing my old clothes.

Anna said...

You are looking particularly great today! Loving that outfit. The vest and belt over the dress is a great combination.

Anonymous said...

Not pompous at all. I think looking back at past outfits is a great way to get inspiration - you can riff off of stuff that has already worked!

And this vest, belted? Works.

maryeb said...

It's not pompous at all. It's a great idea. And thanks for sharing your stroll down memory lane with us - very fun to see.

Anonymous said...

Cute. Your hair is rockin' today.

Sarah said...

these are o great! I really love the layering of different pieces and colours xx

myedit said...

You are such a blog pro... you've been doing it for years!
I also look back through the archives to see how my look has changed and what I want to repeat. This look is definately worth another go!

Audi said...

Ooh, I think I like the new version even better than the first! I also look back through my archives when I'm stumped for an outfit.