Thursday, May 27, 2010

Pangaea

At first, I thought I wasn’t doing well today on my pledge to wear “one non-traditional-retail item” each every day. Then I remembered that my shoes and earrings came from a local boutique in Clifton, Pangaea.

I recently named Pangaea as my favorite local shop in Cincinnati. I used to visit every Saturday, after swim practice, and fondle the clothing. The selection is geared towards a younger, more casual lifestyle, but I’ve found a few things that work for work. I don’t get to visit as often anymore, but I make a point of studying the store’s lovely window display each time I pass.*


Blouse, Charlotte Russe. Vest, Forever 21. Skirt, Moda International. Yellow bracelet, Target. Brass bangle, World Market. Earrings, Pangaea. Shoes, Miss Me.

I met up with the Locals on Living bloggers last night and talk turned to sponsorship and the lack of it on my blog. I’ve noted the sponsors on other style blogs, but have no affinity for any of them. I’d rather have no sponsor at all, than one whose product I wouldn’t or couldn’t buy. If Pangaea came a-calling, though, we could do business.

*I must be on the same wavelength as the person that does the display window at the Clifton store. I’ve found myself standing in front the window, twice, wearing the same color palette as the mannequins. Great minds…

Photos by Beefy Muchacho

9 comments:

Bethany said...

I loved Pangaea when I lived in Cinci for college (Xavier). I'd trek over there with some friends and look at everything. I still have a coat I bought there that I adore and love. When I was in town for a wedding I made sure to stop in to see everything. Such a great shop.

Sheila said...

I really like and appreciate that you've kept your blog relatively ad-free, Kasmira. It's really refreshing. I've never wanted to have ads on mine either.

I love those shoes...awesome vest. I just got a cream "moto" vest and I'm going to review some of your looks for guidance on how to wear it.

Unknown said...

I love that vest soo much it looks even better with our red hair x

Anonymous said...

I love how focused your blog is, and I agree that the right kind of sponsorship is the key. Should I find myself in Clifton, OH at some point, I'll be sure to stop by Pangaea though - sounds great!

judidarling said...

Hi: Haven't checked in with you for a while, so I wanted you to know that I love your red hair--simply smashing, lights up your face, wow! Wish I could wear this color, too. Makes your earth-toned outfit even more flattering. As my niece says--"Way to go!"

caitlin said...

Thanks for checking out my blog! Your HAIR--what a great color. I posted about wanting to dye my hair that color a long time ago but I can't imagine trying to keep it up. Kudos to you, it looks awesome!

Unknown said...

I LOVE pangea! I was at The Cupboard yesterday visiting memory lane, and they have tons of very cute earrings now and some hippy skirts and tops, much less paraphenalia and "toys". I told them I'd love to do a post about them, but they don't allow photos to be taken in their shop and they aren't connected to the web :( I still left my number ;)

Unknown said...

P.S. I did join Cincy Chic after seeing it on your side-bar!

Luli said...

oo la la. You are a redhead. I love it and I love this outfit too. Tres chic.