Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Muddy Buddy

My first instinct is to pair navy with bright white and true red. The combination is clean, crisp, and summery…but predictable. Since the weather this week will be anything but clean, crisp or summery, I’m pairing navy with muddier shades: brown, mustard, olive, rust, and plum. Adding just a dash of red and white keeps the palette from the doldrums.

Shirt, NY & Co. Skirt, Side x Side (thrifted, shortened, and embellished). Belt, Banana Republic. Shoes, Miss Me. Necklace, World Market. Bag, vintage. Watch, Disney.


At left: A more traditional palette with navy. At right: Today’s inspiration palette.


I don’t want to mislead you into thinking that I fit all my gear into a tiny purse. I had a lot of crap to haul in today, including my fabric-covered, floral shoes. (I wore my galoshes in the rain.) It took a total of three bags to get my stuff in to work.


These shoes stay far, far away from mud puddles.

Speaking of mud, I tripped and fell about halfway through my 5 mile run this morning. I only damaged my skin (and my pride), but I wonder what people thought when they saw me jogging along, covered in dirt and scratches, oozing blood from one knee.

16 comments:

C said...

Those shoes need their own post. So cute and perfect transition from spring to summer

http://bigsizeonasmallbudget.blogspot.com/

Breezer said...

Those are wonderful shoes! So glad you keep them dry :-)

Academichic said...

Gah, those shoes! Yellow and patterned? I die. And this color story is superb! - E

None said...

Wow. This is really pretty.

Gloria said...

What did they think of you with the dirt and the blood running along? They thought you were a bad ass, hard core runner!

Also, cute shoes...

Anonymous said...

So glad you did a close up of those shoes - they're AMAZING! And I adore navy with muted tones. It really goes with everything.

Anonymous said...

LOVE how you're wearing that necklace with the collared shirt.

Steph M. said...

Oh my, i LOVE this outfit and i LOVE the shoes! Kasmira, this is a keeper - frame it, girl, it's one of my favs!

Kat said...

As a whole I like this outfit... especially the skirt, but again with the cute shoes! Where do you find them?

Kasmira said...

Katherine - I bought them at Pangaea, in Clifton, a few years ago. :(

Chelsea said...

I am LOVING this color combo. So rich and yummy. And the shoes are gooooorgeous. Work it, girl!

Ronda said...

just let me say, i am totally in love with your shoes. <3

C said...

Good grief, those shoes are amazing!

Melissa said...

Those shoes are going to make me cry. LOVE them!

You are my color inspiration. I'm afraid if I tried half of your outfits, I'd fail miserably but you look lovely each and every time!

Emma at Daily Clothes Fix said...

That colour palette is amazing. I have such a hard time mixing so many colours - it looks amazing when you do it.

Once said...

those shoes...

::bliss::

:-)