Tuesday, April 06, 2010

Oh Yes, I Did

When you saw this newly thrifted dress last week, I bet you didn’t imagine I’d accent it with tomato red. Well, I’m crazy like that.

Dress, Max Studio (thrifted). Red beads, Target. Moth necklace, Anthropologie. Zinnia brooches, self-made. Bag, vintage. Shoes, NY & Co.


I love the sweet whipstiching at the edges and the cute little feets.

I could have gone with all brown or blue accessories, but that seemed so dull. Red was punchy!


You also might think two brooches and two necklaces would be two too much. But it isn’t.



I’m an alligator.

In the morning, I wore my red coat (Bebe), too.


I had some wacky white balance issues, so these last few pictures came out particularly vibrant.

Photos by Beefy Muchacho

14 comments:

Ashley J said...

You look fabulous!!

http://www.afashionfixation.blogspot.com/

Anonymous said...

The red accents are inspired!

Sheila said...

I love the red accents! That coat is fab - you just send that my way when you get tired of it, okay? :)

Bright yellow would also go great with this dress.

Andie said...

I love the red accents with this. What a great combination! :)

I need more tomato red accessories. I have a pair of tomato red capris and I always want to just wear black with them- but maybe I should try something different like you did. hmmmmm

Kathryn from Schoolmarm Style said...

I never would have thought of red in a million years. This looks great. I almost picked up a very similar bag a few weeks ago.

schoolmarmstyle.blogspot.com

Unknown said...

Fan-freakin'-tastic! one of my favorites so far!

Megan G said...

The red accents are amaaazing.The pattern somehow pops much more with the red. Love it!

Jennifer said...

Love the red with this! You always put together fun and creative looks that are very inspiring! I love bright reds, such an energetic color :)

Unknown said...

Love it! I would never have thought of adding red to that dress, and it is fabulous! You inspire me..

topchelseagirl said...

It looks fantastic with the red. Inspired.

Unknown said...

Great choice!

Sarah said...

Love the red accents!!

Unknown said...

Love your outfit and the coat is so magical!

Audi said...

I love this outfit; the red accents are just perfect!